Full-Time Technical Project Manager
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The Technical Project Manager serves as VT-ARC’s primary on-site point of contact for support to a major science and technology (S&T) focused organization. Core responsibilities will include: customer coordination; oversight, task management and direct support to S&T focused projects, which provide situational awareness on emerging S&T innovation, research collaborator networks and science indicators to decision makers.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline.
- Experience programming in R, Java or Python.
- Database design experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen willing and able to hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Strong customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to engage with customer and solicit requirements.
- Dependability, flexibility, and the ability to rapidly and effectively respond to unanticipated changes and needs.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to routinely prioritize tasks to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred.
- Active security clearance preferred. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI.
- Proven/referenceable history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Reports to the Information Sciences Division Lead.
- Manages projects related to S&T organizational growth and development strategy and planning including strategic partnering.
- Manages and participates in data collection, organization, analysis and synthesis to develop science indicators.
- Works jointly with cross-functional info-science teams to identify information gaps, collect and organize key elements of information.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Possible travel to other CONUS locations.
Security: U.S. citizenship required. At least Secret Clearance (active) strongly preferred. Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. TS/SCI clearance if not currently cleared.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.