Please note that this position is open to any qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States, but you must be willing to work US Pacific business hours (9am to 5pm Pacific, Monday – Friday, excluding federal holidays).
Data Science and use of the R statistical language are exploding. RStudio customers love the productivity advantages delivered by our products, which is why we have millions of users. Build your career helping our customers succeed, and our products shine.
As a Support Engineer, you will own support interactions from start to finish, acting as the face of RStudio. Along the way, you will have opportunities to influence processes and products as you work with multiple systems and teams to drive an exceptional customer experience. You will be working primarily by email, with occasional web conferences, to provide courteous and timely support to customer queries, driving resolution as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Our technical support engineers analyze and troubleshoot complex problems to find root causes, and communicate steps to reproduce to the engineering team; write and edit product documentation to provide proactive solutions for customers; and identify and communicate potential product improvements based on customer feedback. Our customers range from IT professionals to R aficionados to business leaders, so customer questions will have a great deal of variety. If you enjoy diagnosing and solving diverse technical issues with talented and amiable colleagues, this role could be for you.
Candidates for this role must have a passion for informing, teaching, and troubleshooting in collaboration with customers and colleagues. We believe that support tickets represent opportunities for improvement, so we value analysis, reflection, and critical thought on the team.
The following skills are required:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience providing technical support to system administrators, developers, or data scientists
In addition, we prefer experience with:
- Scripting languages, software development or testing
- R or other data science languages or applications
- Linux system administration
- Process improvement or automation
We are committed to the open-source R community and on a mission to make R awesome. Our startup culture is smart, driven, customer-focused and nonsense-free. If you have a background in R, are a keen problem-solver, and love helping people, we’d love to talk to you.
We are a lean, distributed team, passionate about making R accessible to people all over the world, regardless of economic means. We are an organization that values talent, humility, and hard work over hierarchy.
- We are 100% remote (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston)
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with what you need to do your best work
- All our full-time employees are given an allowance to outfit their home office
- We have a flexible environment with excellent benefits and a “take what you need” vacation policy
- Positive, passionate culture working with a world-class team committed to data science and the R language
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to this page