Full-Time Transportation Market Research Analyst @ Arlington, Virginia, U.S.
RSG is seeking an Analyst to join our growing Transport Market Research consulting practice. This position will be located out of our Arlington, Virginia office.
AS A TRANSPORTATION MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
You work primarily on travel behavior research studies for the US Department of Transportation, state departments of Transportation and metropolitan planning organizations. You are involved in all phases of the market research process including: designing and implementing research approaches and survey questionnaires; survey administration, database management and preparation, as well as conducting analysis using SQL, SPSS, R, Excel, and occasionally specialized statistical software; and writing reports based on the analysis findings.
You are passionate about transportation and trying to understand how to improve traveler behavior research to support our public-sector clients. Additionally, you are adept at communicating with clients verbally and through written reports and presentations.
As a member of our growing firm, you are a team player who is extremely organized, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated. You possess strong analytic, quantitative and problem solving skills and have a desire to manage or quickly advance into managing technical aspects of our projects. With exceptional computer skills, your keen analytical mind is always seeking ways to innovate and improve efficiency in the field of transportation market research.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in a technical field such as statistics, math, economics, engineering data science, geography, market research, business, or a similarly relevant quantitative field of study
- 2-6 years of professional experience, preferably in an analytics position
- Interest and/or experience in transportation and travel behavior analytics
- Interest and/or experience in using Python/ArcGIS
- Interest and/or experience in GPS and smartphone data and technology
- Proficiency in analysis using Excel, Python, SPSS, R, SQL and occasionally specialized statistical software
- Proficiency in relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Outstanding writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients
- Efficient manager of workflows and processes, including planning, priority setting, coordination, and execution
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines across projects
Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience in data analytics, statistics, math, economics, engineering, geography, market research, business, or a similarly relevant field
Periodic travel is required. Position is based in Arlington, Virginia. Placement in another RSG office may be considered based upon candidate qualifications.
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.