Full-Time Transportation Market Research Analyst @ Burlington, Vermont, United States
RSG is seeking an Analyst to join our growing Road Pricing Market Research consulting practice. This position will be located out of our Burlington VT, office.
AS A TRANSPORTATION MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
You work primarily on travel behavior research studies for road pricing projects (tolling, managed lanes, congestion pricing) throughout the United States. You are involved in all phases of the market research process including: designing and implementing research approaches and survey questionnaires; managing and fielding data collection efforts; conducting analysis using Excel, SPSS, R, SQL and occasionally specialized statistical software; and writing reports based on the analysis findings. You are passionate about transportation and trying to understand how to improve traveler behavior research to support our public-sector clients. Additionally, you are adept at communicating with clients verbally and through written reports and presentations.
As a member of our growing firm, you need to be a team player who is organized, detail-oriented, and interested in improving the industry and helping our clients. You should possess solid analytic, quantitative, and problem solving skills, along with strong people skills.
- Bachelor’s or higher educational attainment in transportation, market research, statistics, math, economics, psychology, geography, engineering, or a similarly quantitative field of study
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Interest and/or experience in transportation and travel behavior research
- Solid analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible
- Outstanding writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients
- Aptitude for working with data and conducting analyses using statistical packages, databases and spreadsheets, e.g. SPSS, SQL, R, and/or Excel
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and on a team
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver polished, error-free work
- Experience in or desire to learn survey research methods and tools
Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in data analytics, statistics, math, economics, engineering, geography, market research, business, or a similarly relevant field of study.
Periodic travel is required. RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.