Full-TimeApplied Researcher / Architect in Innovation Group
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
F5’s Israel R&D Center (Atidim, Tel-Aviv) is looking for an Innovation Catalyst. This person is responsible for creating and helping to execute the vision for F5’s innovation leaps in network and web application security. The successful candidate will conduct independent and joint research, create PoCs and work closely with development managers, sales, customers and engineers to define requirements, create strategic roadmap, and enable and facilitate productization of resulting solutions to given business problems. “From problem inception to money making operational product”.
In this senior and extremely influential position there are four main pillars:
- Applied Research
- From problem definition to data driven and facts based “go/no-go”
- Hands-on, create PoCs, build your own tools, obtain data
- Analytic mind, systematic approach
- Reproducible research (paper trail, data sets, tools, scripts, etc.)
- How will the fruits of the research be implemented into existing products?
- Architecture roadmap of assimilation of solution into existing business or into creation of new business
- Prototype solutions/algorithms as needed to help solve technical issues during development and collaborate with other architects in the Product Development organization to leverage other technologies, and share new technologies with others.
- Technical Leadership, mentor and provide technical guidance for junior and mid-level engineers
- Technical ownership of design and implementation
- Inbound Product Management
- Receiving technical and business problems and creating infrastructural solutions to turn these requirements and problems into money-making features and products.
- Explain and promote new technologies to other organizations and customers as needed. Be able to distill externally generated requirements into crisp, implementable designs that meet complexity and effort envelope constraints, and can be handed off to development engineers.
- A bulldozer (in the positive sense: making things happen!)
- Lobby: your ideas, your design, your solutions
- Orchestrate collaboration within the enterprise
- Proactively work towards success of your objectives
- Motivate and activate others
Desired Skills and Experience
- MSc or higher in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
- Strong software engineering and design skills.
- Scientific background: mathematically savvy, applied research.
- Proven record of providing hands on technical leadership in a fast-paced organization.
- Deep understanding of one or more from: Algorithms / Networking / Security / Cloud Computing / Machine Learning / Big Data
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so.
- Solid coding skills, and familiarity with Linux.
- Good understanding of HW/SW interaction and co-design.
- Prior experience taking new technologies from concept to product, including refinement of the idea and making engineering tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with design and implementation web scale algorithmic software systems.
- Experience working on complex products created by multiple teams.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Plans strategically and provides value (a minimum viable product) from early initial stages
- Proactive, “can do”, get-things-done, “go getter”
How to ApplyYou can post your CV and/or your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org 057-7326360 (position is open to Israeli residens only), you can also post with linkedin on http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/13357411Or post on F5's careers at https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/f5/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=17256
874 total views, 1 today