This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
16 Jul 2018
Freelance Data Analytics Instructor
Level Education is an exciting business and learning unit within Northeastern University in Boston, MA, which runs like a start-up. It was created to build, test, and grow new professional learning programs focused on in-demand knowledge and skills, such as data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), entrepreneurship, and cloud computing. We are looking for a Level analytics instructor who will use subject matter expertise and experience in the field to guide 10-15 students through our 8-week, full-time boot camp. During these courses, students will gain new skills through experiential learning and apply these skills to challenging lab exercises and projects.
We will provide you with the following resources to prepare you to fully leverage your expertise and excel as an instructor:
● Our pre-built course curriculum, including content and assessments hosted on our online LMS, daily slides, and lab exercises;
● Pedagogical training that will equip you with strategies to maximize student learning in this model;
● Daily support from the Level team.
Our intermediate analytics curriculum takes students through the theoretical underpinnings of data analytics, including probability, statistics, predictive analytics and introductory machine learning concepts, and then through in-demand analytics tools, such as Excel, R, MySQL, and Tableau. Our foundational analytics curriculum introduces students with no prior experience in data analytics to basic theoretical concepts and gives them fluency in advanced Excel and basic SQL concepts. Students receive career support from Northeastern’s top-ranked career services team, and participate in experiential projects outside the classroom with employer partners.
Please consider applying for this role if you:
● Are passionate about student outcomes and want to solve big problems in higher education from the inside;
● Are a go-getter. You have a tenacious work ethic and are excited about working toward aggressive short-term and long-term goals;
● Have at least five years of deep data analytics experience (e.g. data analyst, data scientist, management consultant, financial analyst) and some instruction experience;
● Have a solid understanding of basic probability and statistics, including topics such as conditional probability, distributions and outliers, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing, linear and logistic regression;
● Are fluent in Excel, SQL, R, machine learning, and Tableau;
● Have a good understanding of predictive analytics and associated processes, including: data pre-processing and cleaning, exploratory data analysis, and model training, testing and evaluation;
● Are conversational in Python and Big Data concepts.
40h/week for 8 weeks starting September 10th; $16,000; Opportunities for extending relationship.