Full-Time Data Modeller & Analyst @ Manchester, UK
Role: Data Analyst & Modeller
Primary Location: Manchester, UK
Employee Status: Permanent (Full Time)
Hello Soda is a forward-thinking tech business headquartered in Manchester, UK, and operating offices in Bangkok and the USA, with clients across 4 continents.
Our company was founded on a frustration with the lack of personalisation across business processes, like underwriting and ID verification, which meant that consumers were no longer being treated as individuals, therefore missing out on services that they deserved. We are focused on bridging that gap between businesses and consumers to create more personal relationships and improve automated decisions.
Innovation is at the core of what we do, and we are revolutionising the way that social and unstructured data is being utilised across a range of industry verticals.
Hello Soda are looking for a Data Analyst & Modeller who is used to implementing complex analytics for meaningful insights, of prototyping new models, and operating over a variety of business challenges in multiple sectors.
You will be required to perform original research in data analysis, predictive data modelling, time series analysis and anomaly detection or visualisation for a wide range of disparate datasets.
You will join a highly skilled team of Data Scientists, Analysts and software engineers, helping contribute analysis and models to obtain insight from a variety of unstructured and semi-structured data.
- Apply analytical techniques, such as univariate analysis, statistical tests, covariance analysis, multi-variate analysis and linear/non-linear regression, to prototype algorithms across a wide range of business problems
- Work with unstructured and semi-structured data
- Tackling unsupervised, semi-supervised and supervised learning problems on disparate datasets
- Data and variable re-structuring, pre-processing and transformation across a wide range of available technologies
- Adapting modelling techniques for both small and large datasets (bootstrap methods, cross-fold validation, etc)
- Validation and monitoring of model inputs, outputs and performance
- Ability to model solutions to problems in innovative and original ways
- Self motivation to drive the creation of data models forward and make them accurate and meaningful to others
- Strong data modelling and data analytics skills, including data visualisation and generation of informative graphs
- Everyday experience of numerical/statistical programming languages; preferably R or Python
- Meticulous approach to data-handling and cleansing
- Passion for research and development
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and has an enquiring mind
- Wants to be part of a high growth start-up company with global ambitions
- Experience with NoSQL (for example, MongoDB) databases
- Experience with ETL processes and AWS
- Previous experience in a B2B environment
- Knowledge of building production ready modelling algorithms
- Practical application of multi-variate techniques, such as; Decision Trees, Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, Clustering, Gaussian Processes, Generalised Regression, etc