Full-Time Data Scientist – DMP @ București, Romania
JOB DESCRIPTION – Data Scientist
We need savvy data scientists to improve our products, drive the shift in how digital media is sold today to move toward a performance platform, and provide consumer and engagement insights. The data scientist will be a key member of the team that is making sure our different ad products are hitting pace and that we are generating maximum revenue per impression.
We plan to build a sophisticated data management platform, and the company now collects huge amounts of data across many dimensions. A key challenge for the person filling this role is to go beyond simply being a “stats” person or modeler and be someone able to “get into the grid” in the programming languages that are used in a Big Data environment.
What the Successful Data Scientist Will Bring/Do:
- Someone with both statistical modeling experience and technical, engineering skills
- Experienced on the business side, and decidedly “hands-on” and not just theoretical.
- Ability and experience dealing with very granular data – from data storage platform
- Bring not just an analytics-orientation, but the ability to use analytics to drive key success metrics related to yield management and revenue generation.
- Work with others to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues.
Experience, Position Requirements, Responsibilities:
- Ability and experience designing and developing solutions for increasing yield
- Proven mastery of analysis and development of online ad systems for consumer products and services.
The Data Scientist reports to the Quantum Data Science Data Lead.
Job Title: Data Scientist | Quantum Data Science – DMP Product
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Quantum Data Science is a data driven company. we use data to help identify or create for our clients the best business solution to their needs.
Data now informs almost all aspects of our lives, and data management platforms have emerged to help marketers, publishers and other businesses make sense of it all. Quantum Data Science offers the most dynamic and simple solution to help solve complex and challenging issues.
Our main product is a data management platform (DMP) able to connect with both digital and business ecosystems. we aim to base our products on the newest technologies out there, improving always our system and keeping up to speed with the innovations available.
- Quantum Data Management Platform
Quantum Data Management Platform is our main product.
The product involves collecting transforming and connecting large data sets – to be used as audiences for highly targeted media campaigns in all environments (online, digital TV and Outdoor).
- Data Science and Predictive Analytics
We use our expertise in data science, together with our knowledge of analytics and real time data, to deliver striking visual insights that help our clients and their customers make better, more informed decisions and to share their stories. We help our clients:
- Communicate powerful stories with their data
- Visualize large amounts of geospatial data in real time
- Reduce complexity and understand complex networks & systems
- Discover and reveal deep insights in their data
- Reduce the time to insight and help drive business decisions
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious data scientist to work on our Data Management Platform products and services.
What are we looking for?
As a talented data scientist, we want you to exceed in handling, analyzing and distributing large amounts of complex data. You will need to be an excellent team player, able to contribute to our highly skilled team. You will also have great attention to detail, and will care about delivering high-quality data models that has been well tested and documented.
—3+ years experience data modelling and reporting
—Proven ability to produce high quality, high performance, accurate data analysis in an agile environment
—An innovative and creative approach for data reading and insights gathering
—Good communication and teamwork skills
—Experience of working with large, complex datasets
—Experience of developing complex algorithms and segments
Good knowledge of Big Data modelling tools. R is a plus.
Experience with databases, such as HBase, Cassandra; SQL Server; MySQL; ODBC
We also value the following (although they are not essential and can be developed within the role):
—Experience working within a startup or fast-growing young company