Full-Time Data Scientist @ Southfield / Michigan
w3r is seeking a Data Scientist who has statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling as well as business strategy skills to build the algorithms necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers. This person will need to communicate their findings, orally and visually. As well as have an understanding how our customer products are developed and even more important, as big data touches the privacy of consumers, they need to have a set of ethical responsibilities.
If you are a very curious person, who enjoys diving deep into the material to find an answer to a yet unknown question. Have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem. Consider yourself a thinker who can ask the right (business) questions. Is confident and self-secure while dealing with situations where there is a lot unknown. As well as be patient as finding the unknown in massive data sets will take a lot of time and developing the algorithm to uncover new insights will often go by trial-and-error. Are able to see examples in totally different industries and be able to plot that on their current problem.
If this you please consider a career opportunity with w3r Consulting.
We are looking for
The successful candidate in this position brings/has
- PhD or Master’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Data Science
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms (clustering, classification and regression), probability theory, and statistical analysis
- Predictive modelling experience
- Experience using one or more data analytics tools: R, Python, or MATLAB
- Strong communications skills and ability to work on a global team
- Skills and experience in some of the following areas would be a plus
- Experience working with Big Data and strong knowledge of big data infrastructure (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Elastic Search, AWS)
- Experience in using data exploration and visualization tools (e.g.Tableau, Splunk)
- Programming experience with C/C++/C# or Java
- Expert skills in SQL
- Experience in using Healthcare databases
w3r Consulting is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.