Full-Time Decision Sciences Manager
Decision Sciences Manager – Maritz Motivation Solutions – St. Louis, MO
You know Maritz – travel, loyalty, incentives, Best Places to Work. But do you know Maritz Motivation Solutions (MMS) has a world-class data and analytics team? MMS Decision Sciences is where Maritz’ long history of behavioral research and modern data science crash together to create a brilliant, unique data-based approach to makes our clients’ programs effective and efficient. It’s a mix of great teammates, interesting problems to solve, and seeing Star Wars®* on a Friday afternoon. And it’s looking for a killer Decision Sciences Manager.
Are you jazzed about applying machine learning, econometric modeling, and data visualization across dozens of industries? Do you know what a “nudge” is? How about a “random forest?” Click that orange ‘Apply’ button and let’s get this party started.
*Not a Star Wars® fan? That’s okay, we’ll totally hold it against you.
Leads and manages an arm of the Decision Sciences team in the sale, execution, and delivery of analytical services for existing and soon-to-be clients. Our ideal candidate will be able to identify a need, design a solution, wrangle data, perform an analysis, and communicate the results to a non-technical audience. Tangible coding experience and familiarity with predictive modeling and machine learning means we can’t wait to talk with you.
- Defines and predicts better program performance for our clients
- Meets analytical obligations to clients, plus growth targets for new clients and new projects with existing clients
- Leads the development and delivery of data analysis, visualization and insights for clients to analyze loyalty and motivation program performance
- Develops direct reports – 2 to 5 Decision Sciences Analysts on average
- Assigns team resources, ensures standard processes, optimizes team production/efficiency and maintains overall responsibility for final client deliverables
- Relationships, both internal and external. Builds them, grows them, loves them
- This is not a “headphones on, head down” job. You will need client-facing skills and strategic presentation skills to establish a credible relationship with clients and prospects, typically to C-level, and in face-to-face meetings.
- As subject matter expert, presents analytic services and insights to clients in both pre-sale and post-sale situations, emphasizing data-driven strategic insights to drive business performance, while following quality control processes as established by the Decision Sciences Leadership
- Reaches for the stars
- Provides subject matter expertise and thought leadership to improve existing MMS products and develop new products. Evangelizes data science across MMS business units and within the Decision Science team. Innovates with cutting-edge methodologies and technology, including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Reports to Senior Director, Decision Sciences (Works hard, loves movies, baseball, math, and nacho bars. Jesse combines his love of baseball and analytics in a monthly blog for Incentive Magazine. Check out his latest article here: http://www.incentivemag.com/Strategy/Management/How-to-Win-the-Off-the-Field-Competition/ )
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, applied math, physics, computer science, operations research, or other quantitative program
- 5 years’ experience in serving clients in a business or marketing environment
- Experience in predictive modeling and machine learning techniques
- Experience with relational database systems and some knowledge of SQL. Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python or R.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and processes
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex models and ideas to decision makers using oral and written (PowerPoint, sales materials, etc.) presentation skills
- Must be permanently eligible to work in the United States
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Psychology, Statistics, Economics, Behavioral or Social Science or a related quantitative field
- Education or experience in behavioral science
- Experience in loyalty, channel incentives, sales incentives, and/or employee engagement
The MMS Decision Sciences team is brilliant and diverse. We embrace new technology and ideas. We encourage brave thinkers and passionate team members. Join us, won’t you?
DISCLAIMER: This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to confirm or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.