Full-Time Lead Quantitative Developer
Millburn Ridgefield Corporation (“Millburn”) is one of the world’s most experienced quantitative managers, with more than 47 years of experience leveraging data and technology to solve problems in financial markets. Today, Millburn manages more than USD 6 billion for a range of institutional and other investors. The firm’s strategies rely almost entirely on a proprietary statistical learning platform that was developed in 2011 and has been fully implemented in client portfolios since mid-2013. The Millburn Corporation, an affiliate of Millburn, provides Millburn with research, trading, tax, accounting and other capabilities.
Millburn seeks a Lead Quantitative Developer candidate for our research team with a focus on improving our systematic research and investment platform.
Millburn’s research team is responsible for the research and development of quantitative strategies and portfolio management across major asset classes (Futures, FX, and ETF markets). Millburn’s strategies trade both long and short, seeking superior risk-adjusted returns with minimal correlation to traditional long-only indices. Members of the research team come from diverse quantitative backgrounds.
The research team favors an open, academic environment, encouraging idea generation and collaboration, while benefiting from close peer review and constructive criticism. The team is focused on a constant, iterative process of improving portfolio construction and risk-adjusted returns for each investment we trade.
Nature and Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage the research and investment platform used for trading strategies, portfolio optimization, and cost modeling.
- Research and integrate new statistical machine learning tools into the research platform.
- Benchmark and design improvements to the platform to incorporate new alpha strategies.
- Attend research meetings to present new ideas and provide feedback and suggestions to other team members.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- An advanced degree with a strong background in statistics and mathematics.
- At least three years of experience with a statistical language (R is preferred) in a production or academic environment.
- A strong understanding of functional programming.
- Experience or an interest in working with large sets of financial data is preferred.
- The ability to write clear documentation and unit tests.
What we offer:
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow an established firm. We offer a culture of independent thinking, while providing many opportunities for learning and career growth. We also offer a highly competitive salary and bonus with outstanding benefits including Medical Coverage, Flexible Savings Account, Health Savings Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage and a 401(k) plan.