Full-Time Product Owner (Data Science) (m/f)
Civey is the leading opinion tech company in Germany
We are at the forefront of a new generation of public opinion research. Instead of outdated methods we rely on digital technologies to pioneer high quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to access the results of our work.
Five Million have already signed up
We are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 20.000 websites we constantly gather data while employing state of the art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With 5M+ registered users we run the largest opinion panel in Germany, with nearly every major German media outlet employing our data.
Now we are looking for you!
This is just the beginning. If you want to help transform the path of traditional opinion research and you live for new technologies, we are looking for you. You should have a confident, self-motivated and structured approach to new challenges, while aiming to higher standards than most. Sound good?
Your Job: You are responsible for the concepts and methods of our data and statistics products
- As product owner, you are crucial for developing and refining our products
- Together with a data & statistics team of 7, you are responsible for managing the “from idea to production” process
- You are directly involved in choosing our methods. You ascertain that our methods are in line with scientific frameworks
- You thoroughly understand statistical models and methods and are able to lay out and explain them for our developers to turn them into code and scripts.
- You actively look for current trends in opinion research, keep an eye on methodological developments in this area and develop new concepts to apply state-of-the-art methods to our business model
- You support our Head of Data and Statistics with scientific co-operations and publications
What we expect: You are a great statistician and have first experience in Product Owning
- You have a MSc. in statistics or another subject with a strong theoretical emphasis on statistics, with 2+ years work experience in a related field
- Your strengths include a strong grasp of statistical theory and the ability to convey an understanding of use cases with varying degrees of complexity
- You have gathered practical experience in Product Management or as Product Owner and you are able to break down ideas into clear requirements
- You can organise your work. You manage a lot of requests and projects at the same time, knowing when and how to set priorities
- You are creative and recognise use cases for theoretical frameworks that go beyond academic textbooks. At Civey, we are breaking new ground in opinion research – we expect the same from you
- You have a solid understanding of R and SQL
We’re offering more than just benefits
- Our values: we’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: our team is from China, Italy, Sweden, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. But we like hanging out in Berlin.
- Personal development: we promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply to Civey.
- Fair deal: we’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency – this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: our office is in Kreuzberg by the canal.
- Training: we cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise: we cover your gym contract.
- Team dinner: celebrate with your colleagues every six weeks.
- Drinks and fruits: free for everyone.
- Technical equipment: MacBook or Linux computer, noise cancelling head phones, iPhone X and more – we’ll provide you with optimal equipment.
- Ask-me-Anything: every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: we have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-up meetings, review and retrospectives.
- Equity: we offer you to become a shareholder in Civey through our ESOP programme.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.