Full-Time Senior BI Engineer (@Seattle #Amazon)
298864 Senior Business Intelligence Engineer – Appstore Finance
Amazon has an immediate opening for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to play a key role on the Appstore Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon.
Responsibilities include analytical support for Finance, Appstore World Wide Merchandising, and Business Development teams. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling data, building ETL, building reports and dashboards. You will be expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data warehousing solutions. You will scope and execute analyses relating to customer behavior, economics, pricing, etc. You will drive deep analytics into the drivers of our business and how we can improve our customer experience. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior management in these areas to provide decision support in this rapidly evolving space.
This role requires a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong skills in data mining and business intelligence. The candidate will have regular interaction with key senior Appstore business leaders as well as various business units across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. We work hard and have fun while attempting to change the world. We want creative and talented people, and are open to flexible schedules to ensure everyone on our team can work when and how is most productive and efficient.
– 5+ years of work experience in the Business Intelligence space
– BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
– Business Intelligence experience working with Data Warehouse solutions and large data sets
– Excellent knowledge of SQL and Excel
– Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
– Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
– Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies
– Master’s degree or higher
– Experience with Big Data solutions – Hadoop/EMR or other framework
– Solid knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
– Experience with analytics tools such as SAS or R
– Proven ability to manage and analyze large data sets