Full-Time Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Tyson Foods – Springdale, AR
The Insights group at Tyson Foods is transforming an 85-year-old company into the most modern food company in the world, by leveraging Advanced Analytics and Data Science. This data-first approach has enabled data and technology driven decision-making; you might be surprised with the tech we’re exploring at Tyson! From AI and reinforcement learning to robotics and automation, what we work on is found on farms, in plants, at our corporate offices, and in the hands of our CEO.
We are seeking experienced members to join the Tyson Foods who are passionate about data and applying the latest machine learning and computer vision technology to solve business problems.
As a Senior Data Scientist supporting the Data Science and Advanced Analytics team, you will be responsible for leading the development of the models and tools that progress the company along its digital journey. In this role, you will work alongside architects, Data Engineers and the business to identify new ways in this industry to leverage, develop, and deploy Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision models into production using a modern tech stack.
You will have a direct impact on the largest protein supplier in the US and the second largest in the world, as part of a team of over 120,000 team members keeping America (and the world) fed. This position reports to the Senior Director of Advanced Analytics & Data Science and is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing team with high visibility.
Check out Tyson Technology!
What We Look For
This is a relatively new department with a fast-growing team. We are looking for self-starters interested in growing with the department with a strong desire to take projects from exploration to deployment. Expect a startup-style environment with close collaboration between analytically-heavy teammates, Insights/Delivery as a Service teams, and the business.
We have a large number of growing projects in Supply Chain, Finance, Sales, Trade, Marketing, Food Safety, and R&D. As a result, we find that driven and genuinely curious people thrive here (not what but why). Expect to be involved with multiple projects, with timelines from weeks to years. We desire candidates who can accomplish tasks without extensive direction and bring their own ideas to the table.
Our colleagues have diverse backgrounds; as such, candidates must be comfortable in an environment of whiteboard sessions to bounce ideas around on development of new models and approach, among both on-site and remote teammates. Plan on working closely on a diverse number of Data Science & Advanced Analytics initiatives, transforming the company direction.
- We are looking for candidates capable of leveraging new data sources, gather insights, and build custom models to solve business problems
- Lead, mentor, coach and train junior team members to ensure appropriate growth in skills, knowledge and scalability of the department
- Participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery
- Strong People management and Project management skills are preferred
- Ability to communicate and teach Data Science concepts to non-technical audience
What Skills You Need
- Bachelors (Masters is preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 7+ years of experience in ML, DL or Computer Vision and a history of Cloud deployment
- A proven track record of leading Data Science projects start to finish
IT, Cloud, and Deployment Skills
- Strong software development skills with proficiency in Python or similar languages in a cloud environment (we are largely a GCP / Python shop)
- Experience in scalable machine learning model deployment in edge and cloud-based containerized environment using Docker, Kubernetes or similar
- Experience of working with CI/CD pipelines and version control frameworks such as Git
- Experience in deploying models using REST APIs and JSON
Machine Learning and Data Science Knowledge
- Experience in Supervised, Unsupervised Machine learning techniques, Time series forecasting models and AutoML
- Strong foundation in Probability, Statistics, Experiment Design
- Experience with at least one of the following: Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques, Computer Vision/Deep Learning frameworks, or Industrial IoT
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and matching 401k
- Continued education support and conference attendance
- Onsite facilities: Brand-new downtown tech center with local restaurants within walking distance, a competitive table tennis atmosphere, and a positive/fun work environment
- Ability to work in an onshore / offshore environment and at times with a managed IT service provider
- Some international travel may be required. Amount of travel will be determined by individual project requirements