Full-Time Software Developer
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The Software Developer supports a range of development tasks across VT-ARC’s portfolio of analytics projects to include tool development, web application development, and developing innovative approaches to complex challenges.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Experience programming in R, Java or Python.
- Visualization experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen willing and able to hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Active security clearance preferred. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI.
- Record of innovation and creative problem solving.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Reports to the Information Sciences Division Lead.
- Supports analytics development tasks as assigned.
- Supports custom tool development.
- Supports innovation projects as assigned.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Possible travel to other CONUS locations.
Security: U.S. citizenship required. At least Secret Clearance (active) strongly preferred. Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. TS/SCI clearance if not currently cleared.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.