This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
22 Aug 2018
Full-Time Specialist in microdata curation, anonymization, and dissemination @ Roma, Italy
Specialist in microdata curation, anonymization, and dissemination
The incumbent will be responsible for the following activities:
- Promote of open data in agriculture at country-level;
- Strengthen of data access policies and dissemination protocols at country-level with a view to better integrate open data principles and standards as well as microdata dissemination practices;
- Provide technical assistance on survey data documentation, archiving and long-term preservation, based on the tools and standards promoted by the IHSN. This includes the preparation of DDI compliant metadata for AGRIS microdata files;
- For the production of AGRIS microdata public use files, provision of technical training and assistance on microdata anonymization, disclosure risk and information loss assessment. This includes assisting the countries to develop and test anonymization techniques to be applied on the country AGRIS micro-data files for public use;
- Provide technical assistance to countries toward ensuring that necessary IT infrastructure, including dissemination platforms (e.g. national IHSN NADA repositories), are installed and maintained to ensure effective dissemination program.In the context of the above activities, the incumbent will develop any useful technical training material. In addition, the incumbent may also be tasked in assisting and contributing to relevant program activities under the project on open agriculture statistics and dissemination of interoperable (micro-) data, including:
- Provide technical assistance on the identification of data quality issues in selected countries and the implementation of data quality fixes ex-post and data quality protocols ex-ante to enhance quality standards of AGRIS surveys;
- Advocate and organize specific outreach activities to foster the actual use of survey data in policy-making;
- Monitoring of data use in policy-making through the coordination of a report with country case studies on the topic.
- Contribute to regular project reporting activities to ESS management and to the donors.The position entails regular travels to selected countries.