Full-Time Sr. Data Scientist for Amazon @ Seattle
Senior Data Scientist, FinOps
Amazon.com is seeking an outstanding Senior Data Scientist to uncover key insights on how vendors behave through our procure to pay process. As Amazon continues to grow selection through our retail and marketplace business lines, we seek better understanding of how to improve our processes and the overall experience.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Amazon, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest data sets, as well as influence the long term evolution of our analytics capability. You should have excellent technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with vendor managers, sellers, inbound supply chain and finance operations to develop and define key business questions, build data acquisition processes, data sets, statistical models and analysis that answer those questions.
To be great in this position, you will need too:
Excel at Analytic Problem-Solving: Approach high-level challenges with a clear eye on what is important; employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
Effectively Communicate: Detail your techniques and discoveries to technical and non-technical audiences in a language they can understand.
Intellectual Curiosity: Exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve problems.
– Conduct undirected research with regards to ordering, receipt and paying for goods sold through our global consumer platforms
– Extract huge volumes of data from multiple internal and external sources
– Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
– Explore and examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities
– Devise data-driven solutions to the most pressing challenges
– Invent new algorithms to solve problems and work with our technical teams to build new tools to automate work or provide transparency to issues
– Communicate predictions and findings to management and IT departments through effective data visualizations and reports
– Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies to improve our procure to pay processes
– MS degree in Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Optimization, Data Mining, Analytics, or other quantitative field
– 5+ years professional experience in Analytics or other quantitative disciplines
– Advanced experience and skill level with SAS, R and SQL
– Proven experience developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems, critical thinking, and attention to detail
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to explain technical concepts and analyses implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses is required
– PhD in a quantitative field and completed graduate school thesis (or dissertation)
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
– 3+ years professional experience presenting in front of and influencing senior leadership
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation