|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
A candidate for two master’s Statistics and Industrial Engineering with experience in data science specializing in machine learning, data mining and statistics. Leading data exploration, hypothesis creation, building algorithms, and then scaling to deliver insights with scientific rigor. Work with clients from private and government organizations to create ideas or turn requirements into technical solutions. Present results of analyses, explain technical and mathematical concepts to non-technical audiences, and vice-versa.
University of Tennessee | Knoxville, TN
-MS in Statistics
-MS in Industrial Engineering
Exp – May 2016
Visvesvaraya Tech. University | Bangalore, India
BS in Mechanical Engineering
Community Action Committee, Knoxville TN | February 2014 – December 2015
Utilized Assistive Technology to Remove Communication Barriers in the Public Transportation Systems for Passengers with Disabilities
– Created and prepared a research survey using survey package in R that produced data which meaningfully answers questions. Interpreted the survey data using statistical methods with the help of Tableau.
– Assisted in the developments of an iOS and Android application with different insights from the data.
– Prepared a report and analyses presenting the economic bene?ts of the application.
Aqua Chem Inc., Knoxville TN | July 2015 – August 2015
Improving Capacity for Better Utilization of Equipment Using Schedules and Dashboards
– Conducted data preparation and anomaly detection using SQL.
– Led the initiative to build a scheduling algorithm to validate the ERP system while improving the estimations of the process time using R.
– Created and presented executive dashboards to weigh the percentage of production process and improve the material purchase plan using Excel and Tableau which improved the efficiency by 5%.
Spallation Neutron Source, Oak Ridge National Lab, Knoxville TN | February 2014 – December 2014
Inventory Management Strategies: Design and Model a Centralized Inventory Scheme
– Applied data mining to the inventory problem which demonstrated a reduction in obsolete parts.
– Implemented CART and Support Vector Machine Learning algorithms to classify the inventory in the warehouse for storage allocation which identified a 10% decrease in storage cost.
– Designed simulation scenarios using Matlab to decide upon the centralization of inventory warehouse.
– Developed a prediction algorithm using the clustering method to identify the storage cost of the inventory in different warehouses.
– Implemented forecasting models which helped in the budget allocation for the inventory storage.
- R (3 years)
- SAS, (2 years)
- MySQL, (2 years)
- NCSS, (2 years)
- MatLab, (1 years)
- Tableau, (1 years)
- JMP, (2 years)
- Python, (1 years)
- Minitab, (3 years)
- Git(1 years)
Groups & Associations
- American Red Cross, Rotaract Club
- English -- very effectively, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu