Familiar with major data science tools and techniques
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Singapore
M.S. in Business Analytics July 2014- Aug 2015
• Specialization inbusiness intelligence, quantitative risk management, and big dataanalytics technology.
• TOEFL 106, GRE 1320 (quantitative 790/800)
BEIJING TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS UNIVERSITY Beijing, China
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronic Science and Technology Sep2008-Jun 2012
• Winner of National Scholarship of China (1/2000, 2009), first class graduate, GPA 3.69/4
• Thesis: Development of A Real Time Temperature Monitoring and Control System using C/C++
Marina Bay Sands Singapore
Manager, Hotel Analytics Aug. 2015 – Present
- Developed and implemented model-based demand forecast and labour scheduling for Limousine and Valet that led to gradual and stable reduction in cost and increase in productivity.
- Optimized data infrastructure, removed redundant processes, and built web application prototypes that automated reporting process and enabled tighter control of operations.
- Designed data schema and developed comprehensive dashboards for Limousine and Guest Services that integrated multiple systems for management review.
Business Analytics Intern May 2015 – July 2015
- Built dashboard for transparent visualization of portfolios from multiple perspectives using Qlikview.
- Identified consistently top-performing strategies and sales traders using advanced statistical tests such as mixed two-way ANOVA using R.
- Applied multiple types of statistical analysis including Chi square test, multivariate regression, decision tree and time series forecasting to analyse strategies by trading desk, product type and counterparty, etc.
NUS Business School, Department of Decision Sciences Singapore
Teaching/Research Assistant Part-time Oct. 2014 – Apr. 2015
- Assisted over 40 students in building supply chain visualization apps, as well as conducting ABC analysis and what-if analysisusing Qlikview to monetize business opportunities.
- Built linear regression model for event type study of resale housing price in Singapore.
- Performed predictive modelling using logistic regressionand deterministic simulation for stable allocation of facilities for Yamato Singapore.
IBM Shenzhen, China
Operations Support Lead Full-time Jan 2013 – Jul 2014
- Performed Linux-based system monitoring, process improvement, operational risk control and performance analytics. Accelerated promotion within three months due to zero missed ticket rate and best performance among 10 peers.
- Conducted monthly performance analytics with QA, reduced monthly overall miss rate by 5% in system monitoring by streamlining operational process that coveredmore than 10 members in strict accordance with corporate SLA;ranked among the best for service delivery management among peers.
- Initiated technical communication training program for more than 50 people,and achieved a 5% increase in engagement efficiency.Ensured smooth migration of IBM Blue Harmony Account by preset schedule.
Beijing Fangyuan Scientific Corporation limited (a startup for research and translation) Beijing, China
Founder/Researcher/Principal Translator Part-time Sep 2010 – Dec 2012
- Developed judicial de-noising algorithm that improved forecasting accuracy up to 3%.
- Provided technical support including site testing and fault diagnosis to phase-2 R&D of intelligent mechanical ventilation bed using embedded system technology.
- Managed a translation team of over 50 people, and provided simultaneous interpretation for numerous authorities and companies including Intel, Baidu, Chinese Academy of Science and ICA Singapore.
- • Familiar with MS Office, C/C++, Java, SQL, R and Python, tools includingSAS, SPSS,Tableau, Qlikview,Eclipse, Hadoop,IBM Watson, etc.
- • Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- • Provided consulting services in analytics forDatakind Singapore and GreenPeace East Asia.
- • Initiated English Corner Association that hosted weekly networking event for over 100 students.
- • Languages: Chinese native; English proficient; Cantonese conversant; Japanese basic.