Senior Data Scientist
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
I’m a London-based Data Scientist who contracts his way around the city and is always looking for new work. I’ve worked in:
R is my staple but I can also work with SQL, Python and a few others.
Imperial College London, UK
MRes Bioengineering 2013 – 2014
Research Master’s in collaboration with the Plasma Physics and Accelerator Physics Group.
Recipient of the Cancer Networks of Excellence Full Scholarship
The research focused on image processing, software development and data analysis for future cancer therapy technologies (visualisation, simulation and OOP using Java, Matlab and R).
- Presenting – Plenary speaker at ICTR-PHE 2014, attended by 500 people.
- Funding – headed pitches to Cancer Research UK and ICIC, receiving £70, 000 for a 12 month pilot project
- Collaboration – worked with the Data Science Institute to complete a Data visualisation project using data provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
University of Bath, UK 2009 – 2013
BSc of Natural Sciences with Physics
This is an interdisciplinary degree across areas of the fundamental sciences majoring in Mathematics and Physics.
- Recipient of Student bursary Science Festival 2010
King Edward VI College, UK 2007-2009
A2: Chemistry A, Electronics A, Further Mathematics A, Mathematics A, Physics A
Senior Analyst – Data Science, Media at IHS Markit July 16 – Present
I specialise in making data more useful and more visible to our customers and analysts through database structure and regression forecasting models:
– Structuring: I am restructuring the way in which data is collected, stored and accessed by analysts. I am creating a protocol tying together Excel, MySQL and R. This is reducing computation time and data errors.
– Forecasting: I am working on forecasting models using the created database (MySQL) with analytic software (R). The results are for both analysts internally and external clients
– Development: review both structure and forecasting to further streamline and improve the forecasting of analysts. I am concurrently leading a project to develop an analyst platform (Shiny). This plugs into our database server Red Hat Linux distribution.
Developer and Consultant, Tax & Finance at Thomson Reuters Dec 14 – July 16
I specialised in consultancy on a joint venture between the Tax and Finance divisions for the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliant Act (FATCA).
- Development: liaise with accountancy partners to produce tax software that meets compliance. This involves working with relational databases in MSSQL (Microsoft MTA 98-364 Certificate). Maintained classes created in Python and R for data analysis.
- Review: review division internal process inside professional services to optimise productivity and client satisfaction.
Private Tutor, Tutorfair Oct 14 – Present
London, United Kingdom
I specialise in teaching university level statistics and computer programming, though I offer lessons across all ages in science and mathematics.
- Planning: tailor lessons and work specific to students and clients
- Management: manage clients and timetabling to maintain business
- Support and review: assist undergraduates in strategically and successfully completing assignments, specialising in statistics and programming.
Quantum Chemistry Research Intern, DESY, Hamburg, Germany May 12 – Aug 12
I worked on a computer programming based project with the aim of designing an automated process to increase efficiency in experimental physics in microwave spectroscopy. I also performed testing and acquiring of results from experiments in the laboratory.
- Funded scholarship awarded by DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
Idustrial Placement in Micrometeorology, SLF, Davos, Switzerland Jul 11 – May 12
I worked on statistical error analysis of meteorological field data. This was using Fourier analysis, statistics and computer programming. Other duties involved: data entry, data mining, assisting in experimental set ups and data acquisition with their wind tunnel and on field sites.
- English (native), German B2