|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
Graduated with a master degree in AI, 15 years after full-time product and development work experiences ranging from IBM researcher to China Mobile product manager and HP eCommerce solution architect, I am now an freelance consultant and R lover with an dedication to big-data and AI solutions with deep business understanding.
1997.9 — 2000.7, MSc, CS, Peking U.
1993.9 — 1997.7, BSc, CS, Peking U.
2013.7 – Freelance AI/Data scientist
- Experiences in helping build eCommerce and big data architecture, teams. With personal love and practices in using R for data exploration and modeling, and tooling chores.
2012.8 – 2013.6 Co-founder of Face++,
- Responsible for product, sales & marketing. We pioneered in providing Internet face detection/recognition/analysis as a cloud service.
2010.3 – 2012.11, Advisory Internet Architect, China HP
- Lead of e-Commerce & big-data solution team, focusing on helping local clients having a consumer focus to build its Internet strategy, operation, and support IT system. Major clients include ChinaMobile, Yougou.com, TCL, Haier, laiyifen.com, LeCast, etc.
2007.11 – 2009.1, Engineering Manager, Symbian China.
- Responsible for Device Management & Data Sync tech stream, later Engineering Manager of Production Creation Tools tech stream.
2004.1 – 2007.8, Product Manager & Manger, China Mobile
- As manager of product planning department, China Mobile Business Operation Center, I was responsible for all China-Mobile-branded products planning and new incubation. Graduated during my supervision are:
- Mobile Newspaper (a 40 million paid-user MMS service)
- China Mobile’s Blackberry service
- Mobile Map & Navigation
- Dynamic Content Delivery service (DCD)
- 2-Dimensional Code service
- As product manger of China Mobile R&D Center, I was responsible for business and technology specification for China Mobile VAS services, including M-Box app download service, Mobile Search, IVR, USSD. Tech lead of Java phone specification, representative of JSR 271. Representative of China Mobile – Vodafone joint terminal specification work group.
2000.7 – 2004.1 Researcher , China Research Lab, IBM
- Research focus included Service Delivery Platform, LBS, Grid&Web Service.
- R (2 yr),
- Java (3 yr)
- MySQL (3 yr)
- DB2 (3 yr)
- PHP/Python (1 yr)
- Business Analysis, Business Development, Data Science, Product Management, Solution Architecture, Team Management
- English -- very effectively, Mandarin Chinese