Engineer with experience in writing scripts to analyze both large and small data.
M.S., Ph.D. North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC (Textiles, Biomedical), 2009
Self Employed Sunnyvale, CA 2015 – Present
- Big data analysis for in-house projects using R/RStudio, SQL, and Python.
- Successfully analyzed large layoffs data from US Bureau of Labor Statistics for 10 years.
- Successfully analyzed large employment data in New York consisting of several agencies.
- Expert review of experimental data in manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Dashboard and visualizations in Tableau.
Medtronic plc Mansfield, MA 2015 – 2015
Development Engineer II
- Product development in wound care devices.
- Material Testing, technical documentation.
The Reineke Research Group Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota 2009 – 2015
Research Associate (former Postdoctoral Fellow)
- Laboratory Manager: Managed training of personnel, ordering of reagents and equipment.
- Compiled data, analyzed statistically, and generated technical reports.
North Carolina State University, Biomedical Textiles 2002 – 2009
Research Assistant and Postdoctoral Associate
- Performed material testing, and written documents.
- Conceptualized, designed, prototyped a medical device called barbed suture.
Polyester Yarn Dealer, India 2000
- Met with customers and testing facilities to resolve technical manufacturing problems.
- Negotiated and managed raw material contracts with companies.
Bombay Dyeing Manufacturing Co., Ltd., India 1996
- Completed a six months internship focused on process control from fiber to finished fabric.
- Statistical data analysis (5+ years experience)
- R (1 year experience)
- SQL (6 months experience)
- Python (6 months experience)
- Octave (6 months experience)
- Excel, PowerPoint (5 years experience)
- Git (6 months experience)
- Tableau (working knowledge)
- Team Management