|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
A graduate degree in data science. Well versed in all statistical concepts use for data analysis. I have a bachelor’s degree in computer science which makes me adeptly competent in data mining, data clustering, and algorithm design and analysis. I have done various academic and online projects: all using R and excel. I am actively looking for opportunities in data analysis and statistical modelling.
- Master in Business Analytics and Information Systems – University of South Florida Tampa
- Bachelor in Computer Science & Engineering – National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India
- Graduate Assistant, University of South Florida, Tampa
Assisted senior year students in various data warehousing concepts like data loading from flat files to staging table, dimension tables and fact table, creating cubes and implementing data mining and clustering algorithms, creating reports using various relationships present in the data and visualize them. Also, assisted them in application development in C# using object oriented programming paradigm, using Visual Studio.
Data Mart Design using SQL Server 2012
Designed a data warehouse about the car accidents reported in 2011 in the United States, provided by The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Created a SSIS package to load data from a flat file to SQL server instance, a SSAS package to create data cubes and data mining structures, and a SSRS package to make reports and publish insights drawn from the data mart. ( GitHub ) (SQL Server, Visual Studio)
Titanic: Machine Learning from Disaster – Kaggle
Analyzed various factors like sex of the passenger, number of siblings, passenger class, room number etc. to predict who survived and who perished in the titanic disaster and created visualization plots to understand the relationship between these factors and the probability of a person surviving the disaster. ( Kaggle ) (Cross validation, Random Forest)
People Analytics – NHL Draft Prospect Procedure
Analyzed the performance of National Hockey League (NHL) players based on their draft pick and pre-draft statistics to predict the assignment of league to each player. ( Kaggle ) (R, Feature Selection, Decision Tree)
Evaluating the variation in the selling of different SKUs (Stock Keeping Unit)
Evaluate the purchase data of 594 households in Philadelphia (total 9781 purchases) and propose a forecasting model for the purchase rates of various SKUs. ( GitHub ) (R, sqldf)
Analysis of Business Situation using R
Analyzed 80,000 Re-targeted Customers’ Records to predict purchase rates after retargeting. Developed a linear regression model to predict the suitable advertising strategies for different class of customers living in different localities which resulted in increased buying rate from 69% to 73%. ( GitHub ) (Excel, vlookup)
- Software Engineer, Virtusa Consulting Services, Pune, India
Web Application Developer & Analyst (Sept. 2013 – July 2015)
- Analyzed business processes and assisted in preparing technical design document
- Coded Java controller classes and JSPs to develop a 2-tier LoginApp to implement SSO functionality for CITI’s “Commercial Cards” systems.
- Wrote developer test cases and provided technical assistance during debugging, and bug fixing.
- • Statistics (Hypothesis testing, confidence interval finding, ANOVA)
- • R (dplyr, lm, glm, decision tree, n-fold cross validation, random forests, rpart, ggplot, shiny)
- • ETL (SQL Server (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS))
- • Java (JSP, Servlets, OOP)
- fast learner, management, teaching
- Engligh, Hindi