• Ph.D. (Environmental Sciences / Chemistry) with a background in Computational Chemistry with demonstrated expertise in modelling of small molecular activities in macromolecules.
• Hands-on experience in data analytics, method development, data manipulation and statistical analysis. Special expertise in using SAS and Python programing.
• Applied experience in bioinformatics, molecular modelling, protein docking, and molecular dynamics.
• Strong scientific writing skills demonstrated by published research articles and presentations in diverse professional settings (conferences, teaching classes).
• Excellent interpersonal / communication skills and work ethic demonstrated as a teaching and research assistant.
• Nano Degree in Data Analysis Aug 2017
· Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville TN.
• Ph.D in Environmental Sciences – Computational Chemistry Aug 2017
• M.S. in Chemistry May 2013
· Lansing Community College
• Associate Degree in Geographical Information Systems May 2010
· University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Chemistry, and Geology May 2002
Experience and Projects
Tennessee Technological University – Research Assistant 2011 – Present
· Processed and cleaned terabytes size of structured and unstructured data generated by computational chemistry calculations.
· Developed a data driven analytical models to analyze and visualize the data using several statistical tools and methods available in SAS (Macros, SQL, etc) and in Python.
· Set up a small Linux base computer cluster and administered the cluster in a computational chemistry lab, including installing and configuring software and setting up user accounts.
· Performed Quantum mechanical (QM) calculations to learn the reactions between organophosphate pesticides and enzyme AChE (acetylcholinesterase) of different organisms using high-end QM software packages.
· Performed Molecular Mechanical (MM) and QM/MM approaches to predict protein-ligand binding affinity between pesticides and AChE using state of art QM/MM/MD.
· Conducted sequence analyses to identify the conserved regions of AChE in different organisms.
· Parameterized small molecules for the CHARMM force field.
· Performed conformational and structural calculations for biologically important small molecules, Thiosemicarbazones and benzoquinones.
Tennessee Technological University – Teaching Assistant 2011 – Present
· Co-taught CHEM 6970: Graduate level Advanced molecular modelling, developing computational chemistry tutorial for students.
· Co-Mentored for several undergraduate and graduate students in Computational Chemistry.
· Taught General Chemistry labs, grading lab worksheets, preparing and grading lab quizzes. Prepared reagents and setting up for General Chemistry labs.
- SAS (Macros, SQL, Graphs, GTL, Stat)
- Python (Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib) • SQL
- Machine learning
- Computational Chemistry