Currently pursuing interests in Data Science (R). Data enthusiast, knowledgeable on variety of Data Science & Machine Learning algorithms both Supervised and Unsupervised Learning. Keen to develop deeper expertise and gain exposure in the Machine Learning space.
Master of Science in Management Information Systems, Northern Illinois University – Dekalb, Illinois
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University – Hyderabad, India
Northern Illinois University, Illinois, USA
Graduate Assistant, Jan 2017 – Dec 2017
- Delivered a range of teaching and assessment activities including tutorials directed towards the delivery of subjects at undergraduate level.
- Applied departmental processes related to peer advising/mentoring.
- Involved in the development of new material for department courses.
- Captured large datasets, manipulated and generated reports using MS Excel and MS Access with above 95% efficiency.
- Supervised practical work, advising on MS Excel & Access methods and techniques to assist the transfer of knowledge.
We Consultants (Startup for Market Strategies)
Managing partner, May 2014 – August 2015
Established a marketing firm with a vision to provide marketing strategies and business solutions for new and
- Business Development: Gather requirements and used intrinsic data handling techniques to analyse and identify new leads, make proposals and present at stakeholder meetings.
- Reached break-even within 6 months with over 85% project delivery efficiency.
- Led the project procurement and alternate vendor analysis for parts of a hydraulic system in the market.
- Improved customer reach and support by almost 30% using demand forecasting and ‘Point of Entry Market Strategy’.
- Managed and negotiated supply agreements across a range of commodities and complexity resulting in 7% savings.
- Sufficient exposure to designing and developing Tableau reports and dashboards for data visualization using R & Tableau.
- Team Building & Management:
- Successfully managed teams of highly skilled analysts, strategists, graphic designers and partners to deliver 5 projects within 12 months.
- Trained and mentored sales and marketing teams of the clients to deliver the given strategy with maximum gain.
- Viral, Scarcity, Relationship, Social media and Search Marketing to name a few were some of the marketing techniques.
- Multiple Regression, Factor and Cluster analysis were used to drive the decision-making process.
Business Data Analyst, January 2012 – July 2015
- Develop, perform and manage analysis of business and financial metrics for ongoing projects and find prospects.
- Gather and interpreted relevant data to assess costs, productivity, demand patterns, etc.
- Gathered and elicit customer requirements through focused discussions with product end-users, business operations staff, tax & compliance groups, and related stakeholders.
- Streamlined the reporting process through SQL and SAS and automated the daily reporting process.
- Provided management support for budgeting, records management, information security, financial controls, and business continuity activities.
- Developed dynamic reports, dashboards, and key performance indicators aligned with business strategies and initiatives, also alternative solutions to issues with Product Management and Technical Managers.
- Designed and built statistical analysis models using company’s customer database.
- Quantifiable results:
- Optimized inventory by developing new safety stock methods designed to reduce excess by 15% with no effect on service levels.
- Boosted market share by 6%, customer satisfaction by 30%.
- Reduced service requests and buy-back by 50%.
- Team Building & Management:
- Train, develop, and mentor new hires on business processes, account management and business objects/MS Excel processes used within the organization.
- Hands-off approach to team management with 20% increase in team efficiency and almost 10% increase in productivity.
- Techniques and Skills:
- Created pivot tables, charts and presentations to help management take decisions on financial planning.
- Relationship and Direct Marketing to engage clients and on-board new clients.
- MS Excel
- English, Hindi, Telugu