Full-Time Bioinformatician/biostatistician @ Paris, Île-de-France, France
Ten permanent positions in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Bioinformatics, biostatistics and integrative biology have emerged as strategic priorities for the Institut Pasteur. A new “Center for Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and Integrative Biology” (C3BI – https://c3bi.pasteur.fr) has been created in 2015 on the Parisian campus. The objective of this center is to federate and strengthen capacities in bioinformatics and biostatistics in the different research areas developed within the institute, around biology and health.
In this framework and after 20 recruitments in 2014-2015, Institut Pasteur proposes this year again 10 permanent positions in bioinformatics and biostatistics for 2016. Successful applicants will be affiliated to the C3BI and to the Hub of bioinformatics and biostatistics and will be supervised by the director. They may be assigned for most of their time to research units and/or technological platforms. Teaching activities will also be possible, both at Paris and in the Institut Pasteur International Network.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main objective is to provide support to research units and platforms, for the analysis of their data using bioinformatics and statistics approaches. This support will be provided in various ways:
- − advising and guiding in the use of existing methods and tools,
- − maintaining an active bibliographical survey and evaluate existing tools and methods,
- − developing new methods and tools when necessary,
- − collaborating with research units and platforms to analyze their data,
- − helping, defining and implementing collaborative projects such as ANR, ERC …,
- − transferring knowledge and tools towards research units and platforms, and provide training inbioinformatics and biostatistics,
- − perpetuating and maintaining methods and tools developed by research units, and ensuring theirintegration within open platforms such as Galaxy, Mobyle…,
- − actively participating to the implementation of the web portal of the Pasteur Institute bioinformaticsplatform, to be open to the international community,
- − interacting with the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN, 33 institutes all around the world),mainly for setting up trainings and analyzing data.
Positions of 2016 will mostly focus on the following domains:
- − Statistical analysis and modeling of omic data
- − Statistical analysis of genetic data
- − Statistical and molecular epidemiology
- − New HTS data (epigenetics, single cell, long reads …)
- − Eukaryotic genomics
- − Human genomics
- − Proteomics and mass-spectrometry data
- − Annotation of proteomes (sequence/structure/function)
- − Development, maintenantce and use of bioinformatics software
In order to postulate, you need to:
- – hold an engineer or master degree in (bio)informatics, (bio)statistics, applied mathematics or any other related domain, followed by at least 3 years of professional experience in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics in research or support to research activity,
- – or hold a PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, applied mathematics or any other related domain, followed by at least 2 years of professional experience in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics in research or support to research activity.
Strong experience in teaching bioinformatics/biostatistics will be a plus.