Full-Time Principal Biostatistics Software Engineer
NanoString Technologies is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Biostatistician/SW Engineer to join our the Research & Development group. A qualified candidate will be part of a team responsible for planning and building of software for current and future versions of research and diagnostic grade multi-omic reports. You will be responsible for the design, development and unit testing of clinical and enterprise-level research software products in accordance with NanoString’s ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 quality system procedures. This candidate also insures statistical integrity and accuracy of research data and performs statistical design, modeling, and analyses. This individual provides statistical summaries and reports of studies in support of product development, content development, and works with scientists and engineers to ensure proper use of statistical methodology and interpretation of results. This individual will contribute to the development and expansion of data analysis methods and tools for the nCounter and other platforms.
- Development of software to help biologists and DAS analyze omics data
- Development of novel statistical methodology for the analysis of gene expression, proteomics and sequence data
- High-level applied analyses of gene expression and multi-omics data
- Statistical consultations with scientists throughout the company
- Contribute to analysis of data for internal projects, external collaborators, as well as fee-for-service analysis projects
- Work in collaboration with statisticians, bioinformaticists, and biologists
- R&D efforts of your own devising
- Strong written communication skills and proven ability to thoroughly document requirements, architecture, and design of software systems
- Master’s or Ph.D. in statistics/biostatistics
- >4 years of experience designing and developing commercial quality R software
- >12 or more years of professional software programming experience.
- Create clear design documentation as well as other quality deliverables including estimations and input to risk analysis reports.
- Create and execute manual and automated unit tests
- Review and provide insightful feedback on documentation including software architecture, requirements, design documents, test protocols, operating procedures, project plans, etc.
- Ability to work closely with QA and software test engineers to ensure the quality and robustness of all customer-facing and internal software
- Advanced R programming skills
- Graduate-level coursework in applied statistics
- Knowledge of molecular/systems biology strongly desirable
- Knowledge of cancer biology strongly desirable
- Experience in genomics and machine learning desirable
- Experience in Python or other programming language preferred
- Proven history of problem solving using statistical methods and tools in genomics
Additional qualifications a plus:
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Docker Containers
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee’s eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee’s Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.