Full-Time Research Analyst: Travel Behavior
RSG is seeking a Research Analyst. This position is based in our Arlington, Virginia or White River Junction, Vermont office.
AS A RESEARCH ANALYST
You are part of a team that applies smartphone-based GPS survey research and analytics with the goal of better understanding behavioral change due to transportation innovation and technology. Your team conducts market research in sectors such as future mobility, autonomous vehicles, public transportation, transportation network companies (TNC), and mobility service providers (MSP). You work on all phases of the market research process including designing and implementing research approaches and survey questionnaires; administering surveys and monitoring data; performing data preparation and database management; conducting analysis; and writing reports and presentations based on findings. You are also interested in working on survey datasets in conjunction with different types of datasets such as massive passively-collected location data, commercial marketing data, and publicly available demographic or geospatial data.
You are curious about the future of transportation mobility and its many economic and social implications. You are a strong blend of practical technical skills, research-based analytic skills, and solution-oriented implementation skills. You are a team-player, self-motivated, a clear and concise communicator, and dedicated to high-quality work. You understand that the pace of technology and the resulting insights from data is changing quickly requiring us all to be flexible and adaptable with that change.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study such as statistics, math, economics, engineering, geography, market research, data science, or a similar
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- Interest and/or experience in transportation, travel behavior analytics, and survey market research
- Interest and/or experience in using Python, R, SQL, PostgreSQL, GitHub
- Outstanding communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of formats (e.g., email, reports, presentations)
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing objectives and deadlines across projects
- 100% employee-owned company with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Award winning culture and workplace flexibility: http://www.whenworkworks.org/workplace-awards/rsg-2, http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/rsg
- Competitive benefit package
Periodic travel is required. Position is based in Arlington, Virginia or White River Junction, Vermont.
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.